The aim of G-force is to provide a confidential support structure for LGB members, both personally and professionally, within An Garda Síochána.
Objectives of G-Force
- To provide a support structure to assist LGB members of An Garda Síochána who may require assistance in dealing with issues arising from their sexual orientation.
- To provide a forum for social interaction and peer support for LGB members of An Garda Síochána.
- To provide information on internal and external support service providers.
- Assist the Garda organisation in its implementation of its Diversity Strategy.
- To provide assistance to An Garda Síochána in the development of policy relating to LGB/Diversity issues, if requested.
- To assist An Garda Síochána in the provision and delivery of Diversity training to employees if requested.
- To increase the visibility of LGB staff in An Garda Síochána through a variety of communication initiatives.
- To provide assistance to An Garda Síochána when dealing with its LGB customers in a variety of policing situations, if requested.
- To assist Garda LGB Liaison Officers (external liaison officers) in their role, if requested.
- To advocate the business value of Diversity.
- To assist Garda Human Resource Management in its recruitment function, if requested.
- To provide information and support for members experiencing bullying, harassment and/or sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Promote equality and understanding within An Garda Síochána.
- To liaise with other LGB organisations (including police organisations) to ascertain best practice, nationally and internationally on a range of LGB issues.
- Liaise with Staff Associations on areas of concern.
- Secure adequate funding.